I used to cook more often than I do now but I’m not terribly good at it so I kind of stopped for a while. However, I saw a recipe for garlic noodles on Crepes of Wrath (http://crepesofwrath.net/2008/10/03/garlic-noodles/) and figured I had to give it a shot since Kamil likes asian cuisine and all.
- 7 ounces dry Chinese noodles or spaghetti (I could only manage to find 14 oz. of Chinese noodles, so I just doubled the recipe for the sauce)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons finely minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Boil a large pot of water and cook the noodles according to package instructions
- Drain the noodles and wipe the pot clean. Place the noodles back in the pot and set aside. Get another pot or pan and switch the stove to medium-high heat and add the butter
- When the butter is sizzling and bubbling, add in the green onions and the garlic. Fry for 1 minute until very fragrant, but be careful not to let the garlic burn
- Add the brown sugar, soy sauce, and oyster sauce and stir well to mix. Add the noodles and toss well to get the sauce evenly distributed throughout the noodles
They were sooo soft when they were done! If “soft” is the right word to use…
Oh man did they smell good!