Let me just tell you how good it feels to finally bake again! I had some bottled up anger that I really needed to get out today and baking was the perfect way to let off some steam.
Anyways, a while ago I had come across this website in one of my many attempts to find the perfect recipe for who know’s what. I stumbled upon a blog called Lovin’ From the Oven and I just found it to be so inspiring. Her recipes looked flawless and the pictures of her baked goods made you want to take a huge bite out of the screen. So finally I decided to give one of her cookie recipes a try and well, I was right…flawless!
Toffee Butter Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter,softened, no substitutes
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat together with electric mixer, butter and powdered sugar, add egg and vanilla, beat until fluffy
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda and toffee bits, beat at low speed until well combined
- Use a medium cookie scoop or a tablespoon full rounded into balls and place 2 inches apart on greased or lined cookie sheets
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until cookies are starting to brown on the edges. Cool on cookie sheet for a couple of minutes, move to wire rack to finish cooling
That scoop is honestly the most reliable tool I have in my kitchen. It literally makes perfect balls every single time! And the funny thing is, I stole it from Cosi for my cookie statistics project back in June. Hehe, don’t tell…0:)
I was able to yield 32 cookies from this batter and I ended up having four cookies that just couldn’t fit on my baking sheets so I had to do three rounds of baking. On the third time around, I decided to flatten out the cookies with a rubber spatula but I think I like the look of just the classic scoop the best. Not that any of this really matters, but presentation is something I take pride in ;).