I’m honestly so beyond myself right now I feel like laughing out loud although nothing is funny. I haven’t actually slept in over 24 hours- I think it’s a combination of my body attempting to re-adjust to east coast time and retaliating because I barely fed it yesterday with all the flying. Then when I finally did eat (crappy Chili’s) I felt extremely sick :(.
Needless to say, I’ve been looking through tons of recipes all night/morning just to occupy myself and basically pass time until I felt like I could actually fall asleep. Too bad that time never came. I decided just to make some simple chocolate chip cookies…how can you go wrong with that?
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (I substituted bread flour- kind of my thing I suppose)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside
- In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon
- Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour. When it’s time, Preheat the oven to 325° F
- Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely
I used a 1/4 inch scoop which made them deliciously chunky and fat!
Mmm, fresh out of the oven and smelling good.
I told you they were big…bigger than my hand!
Stay tuned for my next post (hopefully) coming later today, it’s an interesting one! 😉