I honestly feel like this dorm shopping never ends. Literally every time I cross something off my list, something else comes up that I didn’t think of before. I was out and about all day attempting to get everything done but of course that didn’t happen. But on the bright side, I did buy a lot. Learned a lot too. For example, I was looking at what I thought was a white twin xl comforter which I’ve been running around for a couple weeks now trying to find but it turns out I was holding a twin xl featherbed that goes on top of the mattress pad. Okay really?! It’s a college dorm, not a luxury suite. No matter how many layers you put on top of those beds, they’re still going to be uncomfortable. So looking stupid, I asked a salesperson if they had any white twin xl comforters and it turns out I just had to buy a twin all along because they’re not fitted like sheets! I felt like an idiot.
When I got home, my sheets that I ordered online were waiting for me and they’re just what I wanted, I was so excited. I even managed to buy perfectly matching throw pillows at Kohls today too!
Just in case you doubted me, I thought I’d show you. Oh yeah, my dorm is going to look sweet! 😛
Anyways, so I figured I had some down time before I had to head to work so I decided to bake. I mean really, what else would I do with my time? This recipe was inspired by a box of instant oreo pudding mix I picked up at the store and another classic cookie recipe from Lovin’ From the Oven.
Oreo Cookie Cookies Recipe
Adapted from All Recipes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 (3.5 ounce) package instant oreo pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed oreo cookies
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add pudding mix, eggs and vanilla
- Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture and mix well
- Fold in white chocolate chips and oreo crumbs
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned