On Saturday night, after making EIGHTY cookies, my mom and I decided to take a trip to the mall. For some reason, I was in the Christmas spirit (hey, it’s not my fault…people are already putting up decorations!) so I suggested going to the Christmas Tree Shop considering I haven’t been there since I was probably 8. Well anyway while I was there, I came across the most adorable mini loaf pan that I had to buy and I was just too excited, I ended up using it as soon as I got home.
Sour Cream-Maple Bread
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbs. (1 stick) unsalted butter, at
- 3/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (I used walnuts)
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a mini loaf pan
- In a small bowl, stir and toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In a bowl, using a whisk, beat the butter until smooth, then slowly add the maple syrup, whisking constantly. Whisk in the sour cream and egg. Stir in the walnuts. Add the flour mixture and stir until just blended
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pans and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 minutes, then turn the loaves out onto the rack and let cool completely
So then what I did on the next day was I used the left over glaze from my mini pumpkin bundt cakes recipe and I added it to the top of half the loaves, along with the left over chopped walnuts (the credit for that idea goes to my mom!). She loved the loaves by the way, she told me that it was almost like eating dessert for breakfast because the vanilla glaze was like a syrup.