Tuesday night after getting home from school, I made Kamil lasagna, some home made bread, and Ghiradelli’s white chocolate mousse. He didn’t seem to like this mousse as much as the last white chocolate mousse I made so after I FINALLY bought the vanilla beans I’ve been eyeing at TJ Maxx, I decided to try another mousse recipe!
White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Mousse
Adapted from Sugar Laws
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream, divided
- 6 oz. white chocolate
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs whites
- In a large bowl over (but not touching) simmering water, slowly melt your 6oz white chocolate with 1/4 cup cream, stirring occassionally. Set aside to cool to lukewarm for about 15 minutes
- Whip heavy cream with vanilla bean seeds and 1/3 cup sugar until soft peaks form. Set aside. Next, in a medium mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy. Add 1/3 cup sugar and beat until stiff peaks form
- Fold the egg whites into the now cooled chocolate mixture
- Fold in the whipped cream until just combined. Gently pour into individual serving dishes and refrigerate at least six hours, or overnight. Serve!
Preparing to cut open my vanilla bean. I know how stupid I must sound, but I was pretty nervous to see what the beans actually looked like!
Close-up of the heavy cream and vanilla bean mixture
And here are my egg whites. I told you I was getting better at forming stiff peaks! 😉
Everything folded in together- the heavy cream, egg whites, and white chocolate