My aunt absolutely loves anything with chocolate and anything with cream cheese. So I threw together some cheesecake bars for her Christmas present!
Marbled Cheesecake Bars
- 3.5 ounces Lindt Milk Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Crust: Combine the flour, pecans, butter, and brown sugar; mix well. Press the mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 8- or 9-inch square baking pan. Bake 15 to 16 minutes, or until light golden brown. Let cool while preparing batter
- Melt the chocolate (broken into 1-inch pieces) in a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir the chocolate occasionally until smooth. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and vanilla extract until well blended
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Remove 1 cup batter and reserve
- Add the melted chocolate to the mixing bowl and combine
- Spoon the chocolate batter over the crust. Pour the 1 cup of reserved plain batter over the chocolate batter
- Using the blade of a butter knife, swirl the batter to create a marbled effect
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the center is set. Place the pan on a wire rack and cool to room temperature
- Cover, and transfer the pan to the refrigerator to chill, approximately 3 hours. Store covered in the refrigerator
Here is the baked crust
Pre-baked. I’m pretty sure this was marble-y enough?
Post-baked. I was surprised the cheesecake only cracked a little on the edges, but also very happy it came out so well! This recipe was extremely easy to put together and perfect for gift giving :).